New patients that commonly mention that they were referred to me because they were told I am different from other chiropractors.
And you know what? They aren’t wrong. I’m not your traditional, old-school chiropractor that feels more like a doctor’s office chiropractor. And I take such pride in that Connected Life Chiropractic is different.
My primary goal for you is function. Meaning our focus is not so much on the classic low back pain and neck pain that many chiropractors are known for. While I understand that that may be what brings you in to the office, I love showing and explaining all the other benefits you may notice from care that will increase your quality of life. The aim is to ensure that your body is functioning at its optimal level, and that goes way beyond pain and symptoms.
I see far more new patients for stress and overall wellness than neck kinks and sciatica. I certainly can still help with headaches, low back flare ups, and neck stiffness. Heck that’s life and happens all the time, but I teach you to at those symptoms as one small piece of the whole puzzle.
That puzzle is how your body is working. Typically, symptoms are key indicators that you have been under stress for a long period of time, and your healing capacity has been dialed down. This is all because your body has faced the roller coaster of life.
So, how do I assess stress and its impact on the nervous system and overall wellness? Here at Connected Life Chiropractic, I utilize a state of the art technology called the Insight Subluxation Station. I use this to measure exactly how much stress your nervous system is facing. (Nervous System=brain and all the nerves in your body that communicate signals from the brain). This tool, which we call a scan, is non-invasive and appropriate for all ages (yes, even newborns and pregnant women). These scans allow us to assess how different stressors in your life may be impacting your body’s function.
The scans also let us get a deeper look into the inner workings of your nervous system. Only 15% of the nerves in your body are for senses or feeling (aka pain). The other 85% of nerves are for the vital functions of our body that we can not feel or control. While I definitely care about the different feelings (or symptoms) related to that 15% of your nervous system because that’s making your day to day life more stressful, I really want to know how the other 85% is functioning, and these scans help us determine that.
Another fun fact is that within that 15% – your body needs to deteriorate by 50-60% before those feelings or symptoms even show up.
My number one goal for every patient in our office is to always improve your ability to adapt to stress (whether it be physical, emotional or chemical stressors). You might be thinking…”Wait…don’t you serve a lot of kids? What kinds of stress could they possibly have?” The number one stressor on kids is birth itself! Then think about learning to walk and all the falls they take. Think about them sitting in class all day and on tablets and computers. Add in sports, a diet of highly processed foods, heavy backpacks, and you have a perfect recipe for stress.
I do not just want your symptoms to resolve. I want to make sure your nervous system is functioning at maximum potential. This allows for a happier, healthier life! Remember, 15% vs. 85%. When your care is based on symptoms alone, you are only allowing for 15% of overall functional improvement.
This office is filled with patients who realize that life can be so much better when they go beyond the 15%.
The CLC family is full of happier babies, thriving elementary aged kiddos, and teenagers handling those tough transitional years like bosses. And the moms? They have gone from burnt out to rocking their many hats with ease.
So, yes, I certainly am different from many other chiropractors. I am dedicated to witnessing the miracles that take place with my patients when we focus beyond the 15%.
I want to helping you find a level of health and happiness that you may have never dreamed possible. And it all starts with a scan…
Is it time to take a peek inside to see how your body’s working? Schedule now to see how your body is functioning and how we can improve your quality of life!
What makes connected life chiropractic different.